A Little Bit About Us
We strive for success whilst delivering a unique and personal service to our clients, enhancing the noted reputation we have worked hard to achieve. Nothing is more important to us than our reputation and integrity.
We believe that no two clients or candidates are the same and we respond to the individual needs of both our clients and candidates with sensitivity, diplomacy and professionalism. Our direct industry knowledge and high level of recruitment expertise enables us to place high calibre candidates in the right career moves.
Employers receive multiple applications for each role they recruit. Initial shortlisting is purely on assessment of your CV. Your CV is your main marketing tool and will either open or firmly close doors for you, so it is important to get it right.
- Be honest – every detail in your CV will be thoroughly checked, if not at interview stage then certainly once a job offer has been made. By falsifying information relating to qualifications or experience you will jeopardise any offer of employment
- Be concise – try to keep the CV to 2 -3 pages; any more than this is unnecessary
- Tailor your CV to each role for which you apply and include details of responsibilities for each of your previous roles
Kind Words From Happy Customers
What other people thought about the service provided by Velocity
Our company has been working with Catherine for the last ten years, with great results. She always provides quality temporary staff for our production department at short notice, a fair number of whom have been so good that we have recruited them permanently! Catherine always aims to send us people with specific skills for the job we have at the time, so we value her expertise. I would definitely recommend Catherine and Velocity Recruitment Solutions to any local manufacturing company.Duncan Geddes Managing Director
Catherine has supplied me with staff over a number of years, I have always found her to be the ultimate professional in the way she deals with customers like myself or with the staff who work for her. I would recommend Catherine and her company to any company who are looking for an agency to supply there temporary staff or to recruit full time employees on their behalf.Glyn Jones Transport Manager
Catherine has always managed to find me the jobs I was the best fit for over the years, thanks to her expertise and broad experience in Recruitment Industry. I would recommend Velocity to anyone.Pawel Pioch
The one word I use to describe Cat Slevin and Velocity recruitment is Trustworthy. Let’s face it, when you need to put your faith in someone to keep you in work and essentially put food on your table and a roof over your head, it probably the highest compliment that I can give. Cat has never once let me down and is always there when needed. This is the best recruitment company experience I have ever had.Mario Covone
- Research the company – use the company’s corporate website, press reports and other on-line research tools
- Research the role – ensure you have thoroughly reviewed the job description and any additional notes or information your consultant has provided you with
- Review your CV – the interviewer may focus purely on your background, so be prepared to discuss and justify your career and academic choices
- Prepare for both technical and competency based questions and questions about you. As well as your technical knowledge and ability to do the job interviewers will be assessing your “soft skills”, communication skills, team fit and future potential